That is an excellent question. I'm glad you asked. I was 26; he was 28. Everything went so quickly because it was all so easy. There was no drama. No baby mama. No crazy exes. Nothing.
We were both secret creative types in our spare time, ambitious, and driven. We were the same. Two peas in a pod. I have an aunt who had not yet met him. She'd asked another aunt what he was like, and the response was, "he's the male version of [me]."
We always had a good time together, so why not. Right?
First of all, he was the MOST persistent person I have EVER met. He wouldn't let me say no to him. And when I finally said yes to a date, he made sure he took me out almost every night so I couldn't have time for his competition. He was very clever about pursuing me.
He has always loved me as I was. He still gets excited about me. He made me look at myself, my gifts, and my talents differently. There was something about us that let me know that ours had the potential to be an awesome partnership; we could be quite a team. He's not afraid to try anything along with me so we're co-adventurers in that regard.
So it's been seven years now. We've had a few ups and downs. I've called it off and walked away. He's never moved one inch. He's always steadfast. He's always stood strong. Unflappable. Unwavering. He wants nothing more than for "his girls" to be happy. And that means the world to me.
We share a life. We share tons of laughs. We share our food-with each other. I don't mind cooking for him, and ahem, I live to serve him. Why? Because I learned about service from him. Is he perfect. Nope. But neither am I, so I'm okay with that.
Boy do we have some stories to tell. Our travels. The birth of our daughter. The death of our dog. Losing our Uncle Larry. Realizing that NO ONE IN THE WORLD has our backs like we do for each other. Marvin/Tammy & Meth/Mary said it best.
Why did I get married? Who the hell knows. But I'm glad I did.
LK, you are my champion.
Happy 7th
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment